Pages HTML

Monday, July 22, 2013

Progress for 7/23/13

I've done a redesign of both the QSG and ICLD, using Trajan Pro as the new page and content header font, instead of the old stalwart League Gothic. A couple reasons for this:

  • I wanted to tighten up the visual aesthetic. The fact that there are now only two fonts associated with the entire Refuge visual identity is a step forward. (I think)
  • Trajan Pro is simply more attractive than League Gothic as a display font.

But I've come to a bit of an impasse in designing NPC stat charts. There are currently three different models, as you can see here. One and two are pretty similar, only different with the spacing. Two is obviously easier to read but takes up more space than the incredibly efficient one. Then there's three, which is much more visually pleasing and inviting than one and two (probably put together), but takes up more than twice the space. I'll keep looking for a middle ground.

In the meantime, progress of Mister 880 goes okay. I'll need to export the dialogue from the old Fallout: New Vegas quest to phrase some things I got right the first time, as well as to nail down the exact plot progression. But I expect the quest will be done by Thursday, just in time for Playtest II.

We'll see how everything goes. Until next time.

Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment